Early and Periodic Screening, Diagnosis and Treatment
(This is a Program, not a Waiver)
What is Early and Periodic Screening, Diagnosis and Treatment (EPSDT)?
“Early and Periodic Screening, Diagnosis and Treatment is a federally mandated Medicaid Program for children from birth to age 21.. [The purpose of EPSDT is] to ensure that children were closely monitored to prevent health and disability conditions from concurring or worsening AND to provide services to address such conditions.” Many people refer to this program as the “Well Baby” program, but it is so much more. (Does not cover experimental or investigation services)
Personal Care Services to be changed soon to be under EPSDT. DMAS-7 form is needed by your child’s physician.
Watch EPSDT / DMAS-7 Questions and Answers Video by Moms In Motion
What Does EPSDT Cover?
- Assistive Technology
- Behavioral Treatment Services and Applied Behavioral Analysis Fact Sheet
- Hearing Aides
- Medical Formula
- Personal Care (Including services needed while in school) Fact Sheet 1 Fact Sheet 2 *Moms In Motion can be your provider for CD PCA services. Contact us today!
- And so much more!
How Do I apply/access these services?
Each service has it’s own requirements, see the Service Chart for more information.
What Are The Criteria?
- Must be under 21 years old.
- Must have Fee-For-Service (all waiver enrolls) or FamisPlus Medicaid.
- Must be medically necessary.