Service Facilitator (SF)
Role of the SF
A Services where the person using them is allowed to select, hire, fire, and train their particular caregiver(s). Facilitator (A Medicaid-enrolled provider who supports eligible people, and sometimes their families, in properly using consumer-directed services.) is the DMAS-enrolled provider who is responsible for supporting the person and family/caregiver by ensuring the development and monitoring of the consumer-directed services plan of care, providing Employer of Record (EOR) management training, and completing ongoing review activities as required by DMAS for consumer-directed personal care and Short-term care for a child or adult that allows the primary caregiver relief. services.
Responsibilities of an SF
- Make sure the person gets the services needed.
- Develop the service plan with the person and the EOR.
- Provide the fiscal employer agent the appropriate forms to start the process of establishing the EOR.
- Review this manual with the EOR.
- Submit requests for service authorization to the appropriate service authorization contractor.
- Train the EOR on the required tasks of an employer.
- Document services as required by the Department of Medical Assistance Services (DMAS).
- Assists the EOR when filling out paperwork for the Fiscal Employer Agent.
- Conduct reassessment visits.
- Conduct the annual level of care review process.