The Administrative Support Team Member is responsible for supporting the field team members by answering questions on calls, processing paperwork, and troubleshooting authorizations.
- Requires documented combination of skills/relevant work experience. Person-Centered Thinking/Planning training a plus.
- Be able to work independently and communicate effectively both orally an in writing.
- Submit to criminal background check.
- Two references are required.
- Make sure we have all necessary referral documents and that they are properly named and uploaded to WISE.
- Handles discharges and/or transfers to other agencies by sending necessary paperwork to required entities.
- Writes justifications in WISE for increase in PCA hours.
- Ensures Medicaid is active and appropriate for waiver prior to submitting any documentation.
- Processes completed intakes/transfers for all waivers.
- Submits pre-authorization requests and re-authorization requests to appropriate entity for all waivers.
- Responds to Requests for Additional Information.
- Enters approvals into WISE for all approved service lines.
- Trouble shoots authorizations issues by using various portals, by sending emails, and by making phone calls as necessary.
- Understands the role of and where these roles can/cannot overlap of the Backup Plan person, the EOR, the primary caregiver, the person directing the care and the aides.
- Monitors dashboard daily and ensures timely processing of services.
- Enters action-oriented notes in client profiles at least daily.
Team Member and Customer Service
- Provides excellent customer service in all interactions. Returns communications within 1 business day of contact. Announces absences via pre-recorded greetings and e-mail auto-notifications.
- Maintains strong business relationships, remains objective and demonstrates positive regard for individuals/families.
- Demonstrates patience and respect when handling difficult situations.
- Effectively answers team member questions on the phone and promptly follows-up with additional information as necessary.
- Displays detailed knowledge of all waiver services (PCA, Respite, Companion/Supervision, PERS).
- Masters all of the web portals, including, but not limited to: WISE, Kepro, PPL, WaMS and VAMMIS.
- Understands roles and responsibilities of all of the entities involved in administering Virginia Medicaid Waivers.
Professional Responsibilities & Development
- Uses care and discretion when handling personal information and client records.
- Completes all assigned training modules within 5 business days.
- Consistently attends monthly Company conference calls, weekly Moms Talk Radio calls, annual Administrative Support Team Meeting, annual Company Retreat, and any other meetings defined by Admin Operations Manager.
- Utilizes team support tools available to him/her (Company Newsletters, Google Drive, Moms website, and Chatter).
- Engages in activities to further professional and personal growth. Examples would be; is an active member of the leadership book club; listens to/reads leadership development podcasts/books, etc.