ACTION 1: EMAIL LEGISLATORS:
- FUND Viable Rate Increases for DD WaiverIn Virginia, a collective term for the three types of Medicaid waivers that provide a bundle of support services available to someone with a disability needing assistance with activities of daily living. More Services
- INVEST in Innovation
- FUND 1200 DD Waiver SlotsJargon for a DD Waiver that has been (or is expected to be) funded by the state, but not yet awarded to a person on the waiver wait list. More in FY 24
- SUPPORT Parents as Paid Caregivers”
ACTION 2: SOCIAL MEDIA
- Post a photo (sample above, OR better yet, a photo of you and your family)
- Type a short phrase like:
- “Fund DD Services & Innovation”
- “Fulfill the Commonwealth’s Promise for a Robust Community Based DD System”
- “Virginia Ranks 6th highest per capita income yet Ranks 39th for serving people with disabilities – Fix This!”
- TAG Budget Conferees – To TAG someone on Twitter and Facebook, use the list below. You can’t cut and paste, you will have to type in as listed below (first 6 are most important contacts to make)
ACTION 3: Call Your Legislators
- Provide Rate increases for Waiver Services across the entire system (enables providers to provide the services families are supposed to be able to access)
- Permanently allow for parents of minor children on waivers to be their attendants.
- Permanently allow telehealth as an option for services including Service Facilitation!
As always, we are here to support you and your family and will continue to provide information as changes occur and as information is announced throughout this emergency.